TREE BANK OF INDIA
The Tree Bank of India, offers free saplings to anyone who cares to ask, looks for tree lovers in districts who heads the Green Ribbon Club. The bank trains teams in the essentials of ‘tree service’, including collecting seedlings, growing plants in them, transferring and protecting them with tree guards. They have gone to Nepal, Himachal Pradesh and Rajasthan to create such teams.If we get them tickets they come and do the service for free.
When someone expresses a desire to green up an area, TFF volunteers make a visit and inspect it for a few things like availability of water and a commitment to care for the planted trees. When convinced they go ahead and plant the saplings.
Rules and Regulations for Free supply of Saplings:
1.Saplings will not be supplied if MES wires with high tension is above the sapling planting area.
2.Saplings will not be supplied if telephone wires , metro pipes, EB cables and storage pipe lines are below the sapling planting area.
3.A letter is required mentioning the above criteria’s clearly.
4.Tree bank volunteers will survey the site for planting the Saplings.
5.A Sapling planting layout is required.
6.Permission letter from the panchayat or the corporation is required.
7.Letter from the committee or the association of the respective site promising that the planted Saplings will be maintainted the best level is required.
8. Tree Guards is must at the time of planting the saplings.
9. 2x2 Ft Hole is required to plant the saplings which will be done by the bearer of the saplings.
10. Free saplings will be provided only for the Govt. Land such as Schools, Park, Play Ground, Libraries, Hospitals etc..
11. The Nursery bags should be replaced to the Tree bank.
12. Transportation will be charged on the bearer.
13. Only Avenue trees are available.
14. Trees available only for members of the tree bank website.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS CONTACT:
No 13 , Perumal Koil Street
No :9789892080 / 9382184310 /9790808889